- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 80 ml very hot water
- 1 large ripe mango
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon
- 150 ml cream
- 2 egg whites
Sprinkle gelatine over hot water in a small bowl.
Stir to dissolve.
Cool for 10 minutes.
Slice the flesh away from the large flat stone.
Reserve a few thin slices for decoration or use other fruit eg nectarines for contrast
Puree the remaining mango in a blender or food processor with the castor sugar& lemon rind.
Whisk cream until it is thick
Pour in the mango mixture& fold through until evenly blended.
Pour in the cooled gelatine.
Whisk egg whites until stiff.
Fold gently through the mango mixture until completely combined.
Transfer to serving glasses.
Leave to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- 300 ml thickened cream, softly whipped
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp marsala
- 65 g (approx 6) coconut or almond macaroons crumbled
- 4 mangoes
- cup extra Marsala
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
1. Place cream, mascarpone, icing sugar, vanilla essence, Marsala and macaroons in large bowl. Use large metal spoon to fold in till just combined.
2. Cut cheeks from each mango and score in diamond pattern. Splash each cheek with extra Marsala and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook flesh side down on hot BBQ plate for 3-4 minutes.
3. Serve mango with spoonful of macaroon cream.
- Rocket salad greens
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 red onion
Spicy Orange Dressing:
1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
Juice and zest of half an orange
Juice from half a lime
4 Tablespoons of olive, avocado, macadamia nut or walnut oil
2 Tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
1 red chili, finely chopped (could sub dry chili flakes)
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste